Lostock Hall Medical Centre was established at its 410 Leyland Road premises in the 1970s. A key person in the development of the practice was Dr Ruban Prasad until his retirement in 2008. He sadly died in 2015.
The practice is now led by Dr Ewa Craven who has been a partner since 2007 having previously worked at the surgery as a GP Locum. Dr Craven qualified in Poland and has worked in the UK since 2000. She has a GP specialist qualification in gynaecology. The practice is currently looking to recruit another permanent GP. In the meantime it employs GP Locums, some of whom have worked regularly at the practice for more than 12 months.
Our patients principally live in Lostock Hall, Penwortham, Bamber Bridge, Walton-Le-Dale, Whitestake and Farington. We welcome patients from outside these areas, although we are unable to provide them with home-visits.
In March 2019 the practice will relocate to much improved premises at Dardsley in the Brownedge Road. Dardsley was built as a doctor's surgery in 1886. From the 1950s until 2008 it housed the local Prescription Pricing Authority. Dardsley is now owned by Dr Craven and her business partners, Dr Praful Methukunta (Lead GP for Briarwood Medical Centre in Preston and a Preston CCG Director) and David Pearson, Practice Manager.
Under the Doctor Doctor project, supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, local people's memories of healthcare are being recorded and the history of Dardsley is being researched. A display will later be included in the building and volunteers are being recruited to use the resulting memory boxes for reminiscence work with older people in the community.